As seen in the January/February 2020 Issue of Advancing Care
Eleven employees of the Westchester Medical Center Health Network (WMCHealth) — six of whom were first-time marathon runners — competed in the 2019 TCS New York City Marathon, to further the network’s mission of providing the highest-quality care in the Hudson Valley.
This is the fourth year that WMCHealth has fielded a team of runners, raising $178,000 during that time and approximately $50,000 in 2019 alone.
Members of this year’s team included:
- Westchester Medical Center: Christopher Castro-Gonzalez, PrEP Specialist; Angela Flesland, RN; Brittany Foote, RN; Brian Geiger MSPT; Michael Kim, MD; Luis Tatem, MD; and Elizabeth Tilley, PhD
- MidHudson Regional Hospital: Fabio Danisi, MD
- Good Samaritan Hospital: Lisa Hirsch, MD
- Maria Fareri Children’s Hospital: Kristin Jedziniak, RN
- HealthAlliance Hospital, Mary’s Avenue Campus: Yurij Tsuvanyk, surgical technician
A month prior, Westchester Medical Center hosted the Healing Half Marathon & 10K run along the Bronx River Parkway, which also included a 20-mile New York City Marathon warm-up race and a Kids’ Dash for younger runners, intended to promote movement and exercise.
All proceeds benefited Westchester Medical Center.
Visit us at Westchester Medical Center, a member of Westchester Medical Center Health Network, to learn more. Advancing Care. Here.